Monday 8 July 2019

Minneapolis Scottish Gaelic Conversation Group Post 1

Possible conversation for the Scottish Gaelic Conversation Group.   
Link to downloadable file at jumpshare.com:  https://jmp.sh/hsyjZhL

See the post on the message board for July 8, 2019. 
https://www.meetup.com/Scottish-Gaelic-Conversation/messages/boards/thread/52314771


Questions
Possible Responses
Approximate Translation
1.      
Halo.  A bheil Gàidhlig agaibh?

Hello.  Do you have (speak) Gaelic?
2.      

Tha.  Tha beagan Gàdhlig agam.
A bheil Gàidhlig agaibh fhèin?
Yes.  I have (speak) a little Gaelic.
Do you have (speak) Gaelic?
3.      
Ciamar a tha sibh?

How are you?
4.      

Tha mi gu math, tapadh leibh.
Ciamar a tha sibh fhèin?
I am well, thank you.
How are you yourself?
5.      
Dè an t-ainm a tha oirbh?

What is your name?
6.      

Is mise Calum.
’S e Iain a tha orm.
Dè an t-ainm a tha oirbh fhèin?
I am Calum.
My name is Iain.
What is your name?
7.      
Cò às a tha sibh?

Where are you from?
8.      

Tha mi à California.
Cò às a tha sibh fhèin?
I am from California.
Where are you from yourself?
9.      
Càite a bheil sibh a’ fuireach?

Where do you live (stay)?
10.   

Tha mi a’ fuireach ann am Minneapolis.
I live in Minneapolis.
11.   
A bheil sibh ag obair?

Do you work?
12.   

Tha.  Tha mi ag obair.
Chan eil.  Chan eil mi ag obair.
Yes.   I work.
No.   I don’t work.
13.   
Dè an obair a tha agaibh?

What work do you have?
14.   

’S e nurs a tha annam.
I am a nurse.
  

© 2019